Problem: Wireless printer is too slow
Below are the step-by-step instructions to enhance the performance of the slow wireless printer by setting static IP address.
- Print “Network Configuration Page”. Note down the printer’s IP address.
- Go to the web browser and type IP address for revealing internal settings of the printer.
- Select “Networking” tab, go to the “Wireless” options on the left hand side and browse “IPv4” tab.
- Set “Manual IP” on the screen. Set IP address which should be different from the DHCP range that can be set automatically. Make sure the IP address does not cross the range by 254 (last digits in the IP address). If you are not aware, you can enter the present IP address.
- For the sub network, use 255.255.255.0. Make sure you use this subnet IP address unless you do not know IP address.
- Type router’s IP address in the gateway and first DNS field. Second DNS field is left blank.
- Click on the “Apply” option.
- Turn off the printer and the wireless router. Start the router first and wait for few minutes. Start printer.
- Check the device works properly.
HP Officejet 6500A Plus with Windows 7 Home Premium